Columbia International College – preparation for entering higher education institutions of Canada
Name of educational institution
Columbia International College
1-905-572-7883 X 2801 (admission inquires)
Description of educational institution
The largest in Canada the private school, training students for receipt in universities.
From the date of foundation in the 1979th year, within the unique system Total Care Education System®, Columbia International College teaches students to be responsible citizens and to try to obtain receipt in the best universities of the world. With a set in 1300 students from more than 60 countries of the world, this private school board is the largest in Canada. The international structure of employees and students of Columbia enriches the educational environment and stimulates creative thinking. Columbia believes in specific features of each student and distributes the resources so that most effectively to answer the academic, social, emotional and physical needs (ASEP) of each student. As a result, for the last 12 years annually 100% of our graduates went to the best universities of the world, many of them with grants.
Excellent achievements – graduates of 2009-2010
80% are admitted to 8 best universities of Canada
CAD2 000 000 of $ is received in introductory grants
231 graduates came to University of Toronto
192 graduates came to University of Waterloo
Program of preparation for university/Foundation (12th class)
• Trains students for receipt in universities of Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain
Program of high school (the 10-12th classes)
• Possibilities of Co-op (internship) allow students to investigate the choice of career and to make the informed decisions
Younger high school (the 7-9th classes)
• Children after the 6th class are accepted
• Guardianship for children is provided is younger than the 18.
ESL program (English as foreign language)
•Trains students for the academic program
• and also to receipt in universities
• 5 receptions a year: January, March, May, August, October
• The special course of intensive English in July is offered.
Program of preparation for TOEFL
• prepares for successful examination of English for entering higher education institutions.
Program of English plus camp
• Students learn English, participate in recreational and cultural programs, visit popular Canadian sights, gain leadership skills.
• Reception for July and August, and also on a contractual basis within a year
It is offered:
• The additional help after classes from tutors, tutors, teachers and seniors
• English language courses as second/foreign help students to improve the academic skills and to try to obtain excellent achievements in the best universities
• Excellent modern computer halls for language training
• Columbia International College is officially accredited iBT TOEFL center
• The report card of the student of Online ezReport Card on the page of college on the Internet allows parents to be aware of progress of children constantly
• The academic mentors work closely with students for creation of the individual plan of success for each of them.
• the staff of department of the device in universities gives to students of consultation at the choice of the correct university program
• the exclusive partner universities providing to our students side benefits and grants for receipt
• certain residences for boys, girls and students are more senior than the 18
• All residences are controlled round the clock by video cameras and personnel
• All residences and cafeterias are open all the year round
• Cafeterias are served by the world famous company Sodexo
• The menu is formed the chef of Colombia and is updated each 6 weeks
• three – and the four-week summer camp – is offered in July and August